05 Dec The Eastcheap Estate
The Eastcheap Estate
City of London
45,000 sq ft
Retail & Office
Prominently situated on the corner of Eastcheap and Philpot Lane in the City of London, the Eastcheap Estate is a Grade II* Listed building with a distinguished history.
The centrepiece of The Eastcheap Estate is building number 33, built in 1868 and designed by renowned English architect Robert Roumieu as a vinegar warehouse for Hill & Evans. It is one of the City of London’s most original commercial façades and a masterpiece of idiosyncratic ‘rogue’ Victorian Gothic architecture.
A collection of three self-contained freehold buildings, benefiting from extensive retail frontage, The Eastcheap Estate was comprehensively refurbished to an exceptionally high specification in 2018, offering a boutique style finish, with particular attention to detail paid to restoring the abundance of period features throughout.
All three buildings were fully let by October 2018. Office tenants included Midrex UK, Ingenhaad and DRUM risk. The 8,500 sq ft of retail space was let to tenants Joe and the Juice, Black Sheep Coffee, Blacklock, Baygo and Adam and Waka.
In March 2019, The Eastcheap Estate was sold for £45.5m to Hong Kong investor, LKK, the owners of the £1.28bn Walkie Talkie building, the UKs largest office deal.