18 Sep The Eastcheap Estate launches
The Thackeray Estate is pleased to announce the launch of ‘The Eastcheap Estate’, a new, vibrant and eclectic business destination at the heart of the City of London.
- The Eastcheap Estate is a new business destination valued at £50m following its three-year redevelopment.
- 25,000 sq. ft. of Grade A offices that have been comprehensively refurbished to provide high quality, contemporary spaces to include lifts, reception areas, bike storage and showers. The offices are split into 10-14 units and provide high specification ‘plug and play’ spaces which are fully cabled with fibre installed.
- 10,000 sq. ft. of prime retail space split into seven units. The Thackeray Estate has already let 85% of the space by securing six retail tenants including Joe & the Juice, Black Sheep Coffee, Blacklock, Baygo, Adam and Waka.
- Three floors have been let in the first finished building, No. 39; and one floor has already been let in No. 25 which has yet to be launched.
- No. 33, which is the centrepiece of the Eastcheap Estate, was designed by R L Roumieu, a 19th century architect. It was considered a revolutionary building in its time due to its Victorian Gothic façade.
- The renovated Victorian Gothic façade and the listed building at No. 25 create a vibrant terrace of high architectural quality.
- Nos. 23 to 25 were designed by John Young & Sons.
- Colliers and Strutt & Parker have been appointed joint agents to the new development.
- Price per sq. ft. begins at £65
The Eastcheap Estate is of strategic importance, consisting of buildings of architectural significance located in the heart of the City. The buildings are Grade II and II* listed and are one of the City of London’s most recognisable façades. The Thackeray Estate has redeveloped these iconic buildings into a vibrant hub for City workers, offering a wide range of trendy eateries and luxury, contemporary spaces which people can enjoy both during and outside working hours.
“We are pleased to be launching The Eastcheap Estate, a new business destination at the heart of City, and securing well known eateries early on is testament to the quality of our redevelopment, pitch and ability to preserve and revitalise these architecturally significant buildings that are so rich in history. The Eastcheap Estate is a prime example of our business model, creating attractive mixed-use spaces where people want to live and work.”
– Charles Thompson, Director at The Thackeray Estate
The Eastcheap Estate benefits from excellent links to London’s rail and underground networks, providing convenient access to Central London as well as the South-East commuter routes. The nearest tube stations are Monument and Bank. The nearest rail stations are Fenchurch Street, Liverpool Street and London Bridge.
The unique Grade A work spaces offer a desirable alternative with character and elegance in an area of the City that is saturated with conventional offices. The striking exterior of the Eastcheap Estate combined with high specification, light and airy offices and retail spaces will provide businesses with a prestigious, well connected and flexible office space to move into.Visit The Eastcheap Estate Website